First and foremost thanks to anyone who contributes, very much appreciated.
- If you add new faker classes like
Numberthey should be accompanied by a unit test.
- New faker classes should be placed in the relevant group of providers. For example:
Minecraftclass will be in the
- If you add a new faker class, update the
- Submit a PR with your change and if there are no comments, changes will be merged in.
- If you're not sure about the change, raise an issue and have a discussion before spending time coding it up.
- Try and make one logical change per PR. That is not make many changes in one PR. Submit multiple PRs instead.
- Starting with Datafaker 2.x, Java 17 is our target version. If you need anything older than that, we recommend using the 1.x versions of Datafaker instead. Note that while the 1.x is stable and free of known bugs, this branch won't receive future updates.
- Should be as easy as running
mvnw clean installon the root directory.